Show us how you Top Ramen to become our Chief Noodle Officer!
A golden anniversary. A celebrity judge. And every noodle lover’s dream job. Nissin Foods is proud to announce The #HowDoYouTopRamen 50th Anniversary Contest!
Fans can enter by sharing their favorite Top Ramen creation on social media. Simply post a photo and recipe for your dish and tag the Original Top Ramen and #howdoyoutopramen. Participants 18 years and older are encouraged to send a link to their social post with a quick cover letter (3-5 sentences) to TopRamenCNO@citizenrelations.com showcasing what makes them the perfect candidate to become Top Ramen’s very first Chief Noodle Officer. The winner will be selected by recent Top Chef: All-Stars L.A. winner Melissa King.
Beyond the resume boost and major bragging rights, the winner will also receive:
• A $10,000 payday
• 1:1 mentorship from Nissin CEO Mike Price
• The chance to taste new Nissin products and share feedback and recipe ideas
• And oodles and oodles of noodles!
The challenge kicks off on National Noodle Day (October 6) and runs for three weeks through October 30. So start creating … and maybe we’ll see you around the office!
® Chief Noodle Officer Terms & Conditions
Drafted: October 5, 2020
How to Apply:
- Take part in the #HowDoYouTopRamen challenge on social media, sharing your favorite Top Ramen recipe with a photo of your creation. Be sure to Tag @OriginalTopRamen and @ChefMelissaKing
- Send links of your #HowDoYouTopRamen social entry with a quick cover letter (3-5 sentences) to TopRamenCNO@citizenrelations.com showcasing what makes you the perfect candidate for the job
- Call for applications close on Friday, October 30, 2020
- Must be 18 or over
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident currently living in the continental U.S. with valid government-issued ID and address for regular noodle deliveries
- Must be willing to use their noodle for recipe development and product feedback
- Must have oodles of passion for noodles, with interest in the food innovation industry preferred
- $10,000 pay day
- 50 year supply of assorted Top Ramen®
- Chance to taste new Top Ramen products before they hit store shelves
- Seal of approval as Top Ramen innovator from Top Chef, Melissa King
- One-to-one mentorship with Nissin Foods president and CEO, Mike Price
- Serious bragging rights and an “instant” resume boost
Terms & Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO APPLY OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, with a valid domestic shipping address and is void where prohibited by law.
Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Applicant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of this Contest held by Nissin Top Ramen as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
Contest Period: Applications will be accepted via email beginning October 6 at 12 PM PST and ending October 30, 2020 at 11:59PM PST. All applications must be received by October 30, 2020 at 11:59PM PST.
How to Apply: The CNO Contest must be entered by participating in the #HowDoYouTopRamen challenge on social media via the social media platform(s) of your choice, including Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the grand prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Nissin Top Ramen. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Nissin Top Ramen.
- Share your favorite Top Ramen recipes and memories on Instagram with the hashtag #HowDoYouTopRamen. Be sure to also tag us @OriginalTopRamen, so we can see your tasty creations in the making!
- To finalize your entry, send links of your #HowDoYouTopRamen social entry with a quick cover letter (3-5 sentences] to TopRamenCNO@citizenrelations.com showcasing what makes you the perfect candidate for the Chief Noodle Officer Job.
- Call for entries will close on October 30, 2020 and will be judged by Celebrity Chef Melissa King and Nissin President and CEO, Mike Price.
5. Prize: One (1) contest winner will receive the title of Top Ramen Chief Noodle Officer, Nissin Top Ramen assorted product pack and $10,000 USD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Nissin Top Ramen. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Nissin Top Ramen’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Nissin Top Ramen to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: One winner will be selected following judging by Melissa King  under the supervision of Nissin Top Ramen. Winner will be notified with a phone call within two (2) days following selection of Winner. Nissin Top Ramen shall have no liability for applicant and Winner’s failure to receive communications due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for applicant and Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT NISSIN TOP RAMEN’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Nissin Top Ramen, anyone acting on behalf of Nissin Top Ramen, and Nissin Top Ramen’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
By entering this Contest, you represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Nissin Top Ramen. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Nissin Top Ramen from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Nissin Top Ramen may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Nissin Top Ramen reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Nissin Top Ramen’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Nissin Top Ramen may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Nissin Top Ramen. Nissin Top Ramen reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Nissin Top Ramen has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Nissin Top Ramen reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Nissin Top Ramen and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States of America, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Sponsor: The sponsor of this Contest is Nissin Foods (USA) Co., Inc. ("Sponsor"), 2001 W. Rosecrans Avenue, Gardena, CA 90249.
14. The Contest hosted by Nissin Top Ramen is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with social media vehicles noted: Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
15. Nissin Foods Top Ramen is partnering with a third-party vendor, Citizen Relations INC, to execute the Chief Noodle Officer contest. Your information is subject to the Citizen Relations’ Privacy Notice. Please note that the Chief Noodle Officer is an independent contractor for the term of one year arrangement with Citizen Relations INC, and does not constitute employment by Top Ramen, Nissin Foods or any of its affiliates.